Short Story Submission Guidelines & Rules
These are the terms and conditions for entering your short story.
- All submitted works must be original and unpublished (other than on your own personal blog or web pages).
- By clicking "submit" you are giving us permission to publish your short story in the anthology, and agreeing to these terms and conditions in total.
- Authors retain rights to all works. Authors are giving us non-exclusive rights to include your work in our anthology.
- Authors may submit up to four (4) stories for consideration. Each story is to be between six (6) and eight (8) thousand words in length.
- All submissions will be made via upload form in an MS Word format.
- Although we are not limiting your story in theme, we do not publish erotica.
- If chosen, you will be notified via email of our intention to include your story in our anthology.
- Authors receive no direct compensation from the publisher. The author benefits by having his/her work in a published book and may also purchase books at cost (plus shipping) from Swyers Publishing to re-sell. ALL proceeds from re-selling your books are your own and you are responsible for collecting tax on these sales and submitting them. The anthology will be made available on Smashwords and Amazon but proceeds from these or any on-line sales revert to the publisher. The anthology will promote the author and help generate name recognition and give them the means to get their work into book form and available to sell.
- All submissions will be reviewed and seriously considered for inclusion. If your work is not chosen this year, we may decide to keep it for another volume. If this happens, we would notify you for permission before publishing in the future.
- By submitting your short story you are guaranteeing that your work is an original work and has not been taken in part or in whole from another person's works.
- References are available on the About Us section of our website.
- GOOD LUCK, AUTHORS!!
Be sure to include your contact information in the document that you submit.